Sunday 9 March 2014

First Videos of Actually Playing

I have been listening to the songs I plan on learning for more than a week now, and I have also re-transcribed them with Numbered Musical Notation, I am very familiar with the pieces so I decided to give it a try on my Xun. And here's me playing The River Runs Red (滿江紅) for the first time. 



And here's me playing The Red Bean Poem (紅豆詞)


I am still a bit rusty on my fingerings, but I think it is a pretty good start!! Also, I was in the Music Building when I did this recording, so forgive me for the amazing drum set and marimba sounds in the background.

2 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I'm excited to see your presentation in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Are you Chloe?? I'm very excited about this project as well!! keep checking back as I continue to post more videos and information on traditional Chinese music~!! :)

      Delete